The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Database Layout? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey there,

I was wondering whether any of you uses Omnigraffle to create database layouts?

Best regards,
-Joerg

I have... Once or twice (it's not something I need to do every day and FileMaker/4D have rather decent way to represent database layout for my purposes).

I tried, but it was horrible.

I used the MySQL stencils from http://www.omnigroup.com/application...raffle/extras/
but they are quite bad.
E.g. I miss a PK/FK support, like Visio has it.

Hope someone will provide a better solution, because I really like OmniGraffle.

Hi there,

any news concerning this subject? Anybody who meanwhile created and posted a stencil for database design?

Thanks for any hints!

*bump*

I'm also looking for the SQL Schema Import extra which seems to have disappeared. Anyone still have it hanging around?

I'm actually looking for the script that'll turn SQL into an OmniGraffle diagram; anyone still have it handy?

Does anyone have this script?

Thanks in advance

Did anyone manage to track this script down? If so would you mind posting up a URL?

Cheers
Dan

There are scripts that generate Graphviz files (see here). These, in turn, can be imported in OG.