The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniFocus for Symbian (please, don't laugh) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello all,

I would so much buy OmniFocus for Symbian. I know that in the USA the platform is just a niche, but here in Europe is the number 1.

Symbian would have me using the most excellent personal manager ever, OmniFocus, on my equally excellent Nokia N97mini.

Even though Nokia phones are full of awesome, developing for Symbian would get OmniFocus available on other devices too.

I know that probably I'll be get laughed at, but I wish that I could use OmniFocus on my platform of choice. I really do.

- RJ

Last edited by R J; 2010-04-13 at 06:46 PM..

Not speaking for OmniFocus (I don't work for them), but they are clearly an Apple shop. Supporting another platform would be incredibly difficult and time-consuming. A lot of code can be shared between the desktop and iPhone/iPad versions since they all use Objective-C and variations on the Cocoa framework, but a different platform would require a complete rewrite from scratch. I think at one point they had discussed the possibility of a web version in the future, but I suspect iPad development has forced that on to the back burner if they're even still considering it. If you want to take OmniFocus with you, the only option in the near future is to get an iPod Touch if you want to keep your Symbian phone.

Plus, once Nokia buys Palm for $950M and kills Symbian, the efforts would have been wasted :-P