The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can't find mail clippings preference Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I can't find the mail clippings preference for shortening the clipped e-mail. The clipping works fine, but it clips the whole message. At one time I had it set so that it only clipped the subject and a link to the original message. Now I can't find the setting to get it to just clip the subject and link.

Does anybody know where that preference is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisphelps@me.com View Post
I can't find the mail clippings preference for shortening the clipped e-mail. The clipping works fine, but it clips the whole message. At one time I had it set so that it only clipped the subject and a link to the original message. Now I can't find the setting to get it to just clip the subject and link.

Does anybody know where that preference is?
Uninstall the clip-o-tron, as that's what it does.

If you want to have it both ways, don't remove the Clip-o-tron, just select the message's subject line before invoking the clipping shortcut. If you have text selected, you'll get an action named <selected text>, with a note containing the From line + a link to the original message, and the selected text. If you just have the message selected, you'll get the whole thing.

Perfect! Selecting the subject line was just the trick I was looking for. Thanks!

BTW I found that if I selected anything (From, Subject, Date, Reply) I get the same action. Excellent :)