The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Are automator actions broken? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have tried implementing several OO automator actions, but so far none work as advertised. For example, just a simple "get open outlines" action does not actually get the open outlines; however, I get a warning:

"The action Get Open Outlines was not supplied with the required data". The strange thing is, there are no required inputs for this particular action.

It would appear that most of the actions are broken. Can anyone confirm this, and if so, are they to be fixed?

What version of OO and OS X are you using? I'm not aware of any problems with the current version.

I think this is just as likely to be a bug with Leopard/Automator than OmniOutliner as I have had similar issues with Finder actions.

This is OO Pro 3.6.3 on Leopard. If you have a sample script, I can try it, but nothing I have tried produces the advertised result.

Hmm, the "Get Open Outlines" action should work just on its own as you tried and does work for me on 10.5.1

Do you happen to have multiple version of OmniOutliner on your computer?