The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Custom templates Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In my work I have projects that start that have a number of default tasks that always need to be done. It would certainly be great if Omnifocus had the ability to create default templates that could be used so that a project created with the default project always hade certain initial tasks and contexts.

For instance main project "Girls" could have a default template so that when any subproject is created that subproject always contains two tasks

"get phone number"
"get date acceptance"

both with a todo context

GTD Nerd Alert: "todo" isn't a context. :)

Now for the helpful bit.

I asked this question before and I think Ken responded saying there would be a basic functionality of a Project with Tasks (and I assume contexts) that could be stored as a template and easily copied.

Somewhere on the big blog entry.

BZ

Quote:
We have a lot of ambitious ideas for project templates, but for 1.0 they’ll probably be pretty basic (maybe just by making it easy to copy and paste from your templates). We could spend a lot of time on features in this area, but we’d really like to ship 1.0 as soon as possible.
From Ken.

BZ

Good to know.. as for the "context" stuff.. i was just guessing :)

Loog forward to a quick 1.0 or beta!!!

Yes, templates would be cool, although I am not sure how those would come about. I agree however, with getting 1.0 out as soon as possible.

If OF does offer templates, a template for say a professor in higher education would be great. Projects could be in categories such as pedagogy, service, and scholarship... again, I can't wait for OF.

Thanks,

Scampi