The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Web Developer Support Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi

I use OmniWeb as my default browser - I'm a sucker for the Tabs showing content. However, whenever I'm doing development work (particularly when squashing bugs) I have to use Safari with the "Develop" menu or Firefox with firebug (and others). Is there any way to get some feedback from within OmniWeb as to what errors a page is throwing?

TIA

Simon

OmniWeb has a few debugging features, it has the Error Log, which supports displaying http headers (Show HTTP requests) and OmniWeb also supports Drosera which is the debugger that used to be included with WebKit nightly builds but has since been integrated into WebKit itself. You can still grab it from older WebKit builds like this one though:

http://builds.nightly.webkit.org/fil...SVN-r33431.dmg

So if it's built into WeKit, shouldn't:

defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniWeb5 WebKitScriptDebuggerEnabled -bool true

Give me the debug environment when I restart OmniWeb?

That default in OmniWeb should actually already be enabled, it allows Drosera to be attached to OmniWeb, it does not enable the built in debugger that is available in more recent WebKit nightlies.

If you do have trouble attaching Drosera to OmniWeb you might try running that command however.

the version you linked to crashes for me every time with

Code:
Process:         Drosera [35474]
Path:            /Applications/Drosera.app/Contents/MacOS/DroseraLauncher
Identifier:      org.webkit.drosera.launcher
Version:         ??? (???)
Code Type:       X86 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [156]

Date/Time:       2008-08-19 17:44:58.002 -0400
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.5.4 (9E17)
Report Version:  6

Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread:  0

Dyld Error Message:
  Symbol not found: _WebScriptDebugServerProcessIdentifierKey
  Referenced from: /Applications/Drosera.app/Contents/Resources/Drosera.app/Contents/MacOS/Drosera
  Expected in: /Applications/WebKit.app/Contents/Frameworks/10.5/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/WebKit

Looks like it's trying to run using WebKit in your Applications Folder instead of the system level version. Try moving WebKit.app to a different location, you may also be able to correct it by first launching Safari (a non-nightly), I haven't verified this however.

You could also replace WebKit.app in your applications folder with the one that you downloaded along with Drosera but that might not be preferable.