The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraphSketcher > OmniGraphSketcher General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iPad or Mac version ? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm hesitating between the Mac and Ipad version of OmniGraphSketcher.

You could say : why not buy both ?
Well, it's not about 10-20$, although cost is not completely out of the equation.
  • After having spent a lot of money and - even more important : time ! - on software, of which only half is in real use, I'd like to create a "minimal, complete" set.
  • Secondly, I also believe the different platforms might have different qualities for some tasks (or software to perform those tasks).

So if OmnigraphSketcher is better on the Ipad, I would make that my graphing tool/platform. If it is better on the Mac, vice versa. In case of a draw, the price decides.
(for more complex software / larger price differences, my approach is a bit more subtle of course)

So here's the question :
Is there a comparison somewhere, or can someone using both verslons share their experience ?

Thx for sharing !

Thanks for your interest in OmniGraphSketcher!

We don't have a feature comparison chart anywhere, but I would say that unless you depend on the ability to draw graphs without having a Mac handy, OmniGraphSketcher for Mac is probably the better choice. OmniGraphSketcher for Mac allows you to view and edit multiple graphs at once, use best-fit lines and custom margins, and see your data in a table. If those features are less important to you than the price difference and portability factor, then it may be that the iPad edition is the one for you. Have you downloaded a free trial of the Mac app yet? That might be a good way to help decide whether it would be more than you need.

(Also, we've merged the two threads you started in the General and "for iPad" forums. When the same content appears in multiple threads, it can be hard to keep the conversation on track...)

Dave, thanks for your reply !

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_m View Post
(Also, we've merged the two threads you started in the General and "for iPad" forums. When the same content appears in multiple threads, it can be hard to keep the conversation on track...)
I know, I hesitated first, it's one of those things I "hate" about forums: the impossibility to (virtually) post one thread in more then one topic ...
(I must admit : I'm a multi-facet adept ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_m View Post
... OmniGraphSketcher for Mac allows you to view and edit multiple graphs at once, use best-fit lines and custom margins, and see your data in a table. ...
This is very useful info - and if I may suggest : why not make this available on the product's pages ?

So feature-wise, the Mac version wins on points.
How about "ease of use" meaning : "ease-of-expression" and "time-to-result" ?
Will the iPad version take the lead in this area ?

The price difference is insignificant - I would actually consider using both of them in my workflow, if that adds to equation !

Anyone using both - and having thoughts on this ?

I own both and use both almost daily. If I had to choose one, Mac. It's easier, faster, has more apparent features.

This isn't even close.