The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

newbie confusion over 'save', 'update' and 'publish' Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have been going round this circle so long I can't remember what I've done:(

The scenario: OP 2 on two Macs (one at a time, home and work); OP on iPad (continously;))

I created a document on the Mac and Published. Then downloaded to iPad from Omnisync repository.

After that I get pretty confused. Updates don't always (rarely) get through, even when I trigger them manually; files downloaded to iPad 'haven't yet been published'; if I go home and download from Repository, that file needs to be saved again on the home machine (and now resides also on the work machine). Sometimes redownloading and publishing fixes the sync -- once. Then they sit stubbornly on the iPad and Mac glaring at each other, both saying they are updated.

Can someone with great patience give me a workflow of how to get a document up and running, and syncing across two Macs and an iPad? Do I just hit 'update' and not save? Do I always save and publish?

Thanks for any help. I seem to have tried so many things that seem to work, then don't, over the last couple of days that I can't even write up a debuggable process...