The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

KranK: An OmniFocus Widget Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm nervous about installing a widget that claims to activate the Dashboard for me. Can you say more about how it does that and how it knows that I'm not working on something else?

Curt

I went back to the webpage and the wording was a bit... off. I've reworded the web page so it is more succinct.

The widget is not tracking the applications you use... although... it's on the enhancement list. ;-)

I don't know if it will ever make it into the build.

Thanks for catching that for me.

Screenshots please...

There's a manual on this webpage with screenshots.
http://www.krank.us/Downloads.html

Very nice work on the widget. I'd probably use it if there were a way to have KranK display most urgent task first. Sometimes the hard landscape of deadlines steps in front of just turning the crank on my overall task list.

Curt

Whew! Thank you for the compliment Curt. It means a lot to me coming from you.

I'm at the point now with the code where I swear someone is changing it and making bugs. :-) I keep finding bugs and thinking... I know I fixed that before. I'm no professional programmer, and the more I do the more respect I have for those that do.

Anyway, another version fix to be uploaded soon.

In response to your most important items first, especially hard landscapes, I totally agree.

This is outside of the scope of KranK. KranK lets OmniFocus do all the sorting and grouping. KranK will either display the top item in the Q, or let you select an item.

Here are some ways I use Krank to process items that need to be done ASAP.

1. In KranK, click on the Top Item First so the light isn't lit. Then go into OmniFocus and select the task you want to work on. Activate the dashboard. KranK will display the selected item. Click the On Task button to start working on the task. This will lock the task into Krank.

2. Use different groupings in OmniFocus. Sort by Due Date or group by Due Soon. I like grouping by Due Soon.

3. Focus on a project that needs to get done now. This is my favorite one. :-) One of the coolest features of OmniFocus.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by SpiralOcean; 2008-07-05 at 02:12 PM..

Just got a bug fix up. Version 1.11.

Side note, for those looking for time tracking, there is some time tracking in this widget. You can't do any kind of reports, but it does track the time and store it in the estimated field once the task has been completed.

http://www.krank.us/Downloads.html

Very nice widget :) I also love your little sprite widget, but I obviously need to break my tasks down a lot more because after 4 hours of work where I feel like I did a lot, I only got one sprite (and only one task ticked off though, so I get it)! (or do I have to estimate my time to be able to get sprites?)