The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Printing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Can I hide the project column in a perspective?

This post was totally wrong so I've edited it.

But just so it's not a total waste: I recall, long ago on Usenet, someone asking the question, "If this is the Information Highway, where are the Burma-Shave signs?" To which some wit responded:

If you would

avoid a

roasting

Play Nethack

instead of posting!

Burma-Shave

Last edited by brianogilvie; 2007-12-17 at 05:23 PM.. Reason: I got it WRONG!

Wait, do you mean collapse the left pane with the tree of projects? Or do you mean hide the Project column in the main pane, next to Start and Due when viewing in Context mode?

I thought Smelley meant hiding the project column in the Context view, not hiding the sidebar in the Planning view.

Edit: And I got the answer totally inverted.

Last edited by brianogilvie; 2007-12-17 at 05:23 PM..

That's what I thought Smelley meant, too. So when you said, "Yes, try it" did you mean you can do that? Can you explain how?

Egg on my face...I'm wrong (that's what comes of not actually trying something before posting). You can hide the sidebar but not, for the moment, hide the project column in Context mode. I'm going to delete my previous post and hang my head in shame.

If you want the capability of hiding the project column in context mode, be sure to Help --> Send Feedback. That will bump up this feature request in the Omni database. Omitting the project is important to me for my Errands contexts, which get printed on index cards.

Curt