The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

URl to access Perspectives not working Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I added this

omnifocus:///Perspective/Waiting

to the notes area of a task but when I click it nothing happens. I do have a perspective named Waiting.

I've tried lowercase and uppercase for Perspective.
Any suggestions?

You have to make it an active link, just typing those characters won't do it. Select the text, then control-or-right-click and choose Make Link from the popup menu.

You can also test your link text by pasting it into the URL bar of your web browser. If it works, you should be able to just drag the URL into the notes field.

This stuff is only necessary if you want the link to work immediately while you are making the note, as it turns out closing the edit (clicking on another row, for example) will convert it automatically.

Last edited by whpalmer4; 2011-03-23 at 07:04 PM..

thanks--it's already a link (shows up in blue). I tried it in Safari and it works fine. Not sure why it doesn't work within OF.

Then I would try dragging that URL that worked from Safari into the note field in OmniFocus and see if it works any better.

Case doesn't matter for Perspective, but it does matter for the perspective name. Also make sure you don't have a spurious space at the end of the URL, that you've got three '/'s and not two, and of course that you spelled the perspective name correctly...

If that still doesn't work, I would make a test perspective, and a new action, and see if you can get that working. You might also try selecting another action, doing Edit->Copy As Link, and pasting into the notes field of your test action. If clicking on that link doesn't work, then it sounds like there's something pretty fundamental broken.

Dragging from Safari into OF does work--thanks