The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Export to iCal Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When i export a project to ical events show up with a duration over the night, if an event takes more time then there are hours in a day.

I would like the event to stop at let's say 18:00 and start again at 8:00.

Am i doing something wrong or is this how omniplan works?

Hi! If I understand correctly, you want your exported OmniPlan events to be split into separate iCal events (if they are longer than one work period).

You can do this by exporting "As: One per work period" in the export sheet. This way, with the default settings in a new project, a two day task will create four iCal events: Day 1 Morning & Afternoon, Day 2 Morning & Afternoon.

Hope this answers your question!

Joel R
Software Test Pilot
The Omni Group

I have the same issue with tasks continuing through the night in iCal, but I'm publishing to iCal via sync (rather than export). How would I resolve this?

Thanks,

Lucas D

Last edited by lucasd; 2011-08-02 at 08:58 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasd View Post
I have the same issue with tasks continuing through the night in iCal, but I'm publishing to iCal via sync (rather than export). How would I resolve this?

Thanks,

Lucas D
Did you achieve any good results? I am also looking into this feature.