The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OO Pro 4.0? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
My apologies if either of these have already been suggested but I didn't read through all 8 pages of this thread.

I use OO constantly, aside from Firefox it is probably the most used program on my computer.... Mostly I use OO to take notes for school and there would be two features that would really help me out.

1. More intuitive style controls.
2. The ability to create embedded tables within an OO document. Currently I make tables in OmniGraffle and then just import them into OO but it would be much more useful if I could edit the tables within OO aswell.

Please, please, please add the clones and internal hyperlinks features to OmniOutliner 4! An easier AppleScript reference would be also helpful.
Lots of thanks. I really wait for those features to come.

PS: And *yes*, please, make it Quick Look'able!

Last edited by Michael Grinberg; 2008-02-24 at 10:56 AM..

Style control in 3.x is a nightmare.

A full screen (WriteRoom style) mode would be useful where your content is centered on the screen.

3.x lets me change the color of my page, but not some of the elements on that page, so if I try and work with white text on dark gray background, my handles are all black and almost invisible - as is the cursor.

- Outlines within outlines; i.e. a row can have its own set of columns and anything else which might be document specific at the moment. (I realize you can fake this with scripts like Kinkless GTD, but it should be built in.)

- Links within and between documents.

- Hooks to trigger custom scripts based on various high level events. (Like adding rows.)

- A native XML rendering mode. This requires some of the above.

- Customization of the shape used for a row handle.

- Embedded applescript formulas. (No need to go full-out spreadsheet, with row/column referencing and such.)

- A way to make command-U not cycle through those 3 underline modes, driving me absolutely batty.

- A native iPhone app; at least for read-only outline navigation.

Oh and did I mention I want this all ... tomorrow? ;-) :-D

Here's what I'm talking about...

Thanks for considering it! :)

Hello,

I'd like to get smart quotes support in OO and all other Omni-products. Exporting into keynote etc. just looks funny without them!

Greetings,

Rolf

For all of you requesting cloning support, please reply to this thread: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=7489

Thanks!

I have a long list, but nested outlines is number one. It will take OO to a whole new level. I know, it's probably complex to implement and figuring out an intuitive UI is also a major challange. So what? you have the best outliner on the planet, so you must know a thing or two about innovation.

Forgive me for being blunt, but, if you're not going to implement nested outlines, you can call it OmniOutliner 3.7.

What is a "nested outline" - surely all outlines are nested ?

A google search fails to elucidate. It would be a pity if you did not get what you wanted because no one was sure what you were talking about :-)

You can see and example if you read the previous messages in this thread (there's a nice example about 5 messages ago). The main limitation of the outline in OO is that you're bound to have the same columns in all levels.

If you could have different details in different levels you could actually give a proper representation of an XML. Taking it one step further, OO4 can be the best tool for editing XMLs. Complete with Schema support... but that's probably for OO5.