The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

It is still aggravating to work with styles! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongSizeGlass
Derek,
I've sent in several requests and comments regarding the Styles to the email address since I purchased OOP v3.0.3 (back in Sept '05).
Thank you for doing that, I was not with Omni at the time so I likely haven't read your specific emails but your requests should be in our system.

Quote:
It's almost maddening when using the Style popup in the Ruler and having it not work the same way as the Inspector (or sometimes not even holding the style attributes). Getting those two to work the same would be a step in the right direction.
Ok, I found one of your emails, do you still want the ruler styles to work like the command-drag? Or do you want it the same as the rest of the style style? Or are you saying you want everything to behave like the ruler styles?

Quote:
If I want a simple style for the text, I type it in TextEdit and then paste it into OOP.
Like I mentioned in the other reply, you don't need to use the ruler styles at all. Everything can be done through the Appereance inspector. We are considering putting the same menu that's on the ruler in the Appereance inspector however. Would that help?