The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unable to clear minor sync obstacle Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello. I have OF for iPhone and am using the trial Mac version to see if a purchase is warranted. I like what I see so far, but cannot seem to get my iPhone and desktop synced (or is it sunk?).

The simple problem seems to be that when I email myself the settings from the Pref window of the desktop version, this is what appears:

x-omnifocus-settings:///?url=https://idisk.me.com/hbatten/Documents/Macintosh(MAC)/MACApplications(APS)/MACAPSArchives(ACV)/OmniFocus.ofocus>

However, only a portion of this shows up as a "blued" http link. That is, all the letters after the equal sign become a link while the others remain mute. Thus, when I click on it, nothing happens. I have tried copying and pasting into different programs to get it to become a link, but to no avail.

Any solution, thoughts, roasts?

Thanks, HB

PS I did try sending the settings via Wifi, but nada.

It would seem that the URL recognizer in the Mail app doesn't recognize that "(" and ")" are legal in a URL. That leaves you with a handful of options:
  • Change the path name so the offending characters are not present
  • Get your iPhone on the same local network as the computer so the WiFi setting setup works
  • Enter that URL into the sync settings by hand, using copy and paste

If you just go to the email message generated by OmniFocus, you can copy the bulk of that string (starting at "idisk") and paste it into the path field in the Sync Settings section of the settings page, prepending "https://" and it should work.

Mail doesn't recognize the link, but if you copy the whole thing and paste it into the Safari address bar, it'll correctly hand off to OmniFocus if you hit the "Go" button. Hope this helps!

I have to let Brian have the superior solution now and then :)

Thank you, both, for replying with possible solutions.

I went with the Safari copy and paste option because it was simplest and within my learning curve. It worked.

For future reference, the "<>" brackets need to be removed from beginning and end of that link in order for Safari to recognize and pipe that information to OF.

All the best!