The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Does OmniPlan fit to my needs? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi everybody!
I'm a university teacher and, as all of us, have many tasks to accomplish related to my work.
I'm currently using OmniFocus to keep track of them and I'm a proud GTD-er. But (and that's where I ask for your help) I often find the "forecast" view in OF a little "tight": that's why I would like to switch to OP, waiting for OF to "talk" to OP and vice-versa.
My typical scenario(s): let's pretend I have (1) to read a book and write an article on it and (2) I have to study for a conference.
Now, my problem is: if I create two projects ("Book" and "Conference") will I be able to balance my time "automagically", as I will always be the only resource in all my projects? I ask this because I read here that this function is already available but I tried to play a bit with it without success.
On the other hand: if I create a huge project (let's call it "Life") I'm sure I will catch each overload and overlap, but I will surely miss focus on each project.

So, my final question(s) is/are: should I stay on OF and go on managing my tasks with my "normal" iCal or should I begin using OP? And, if so, how can I be sure that many project file really "talk" together, in order to avoid being overloaded by my own tasks? What's the pro/cons balance with 100 project files vs 1 huge "Life" project in your experience?

Hope to have your feedbacks!