The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Custom Perspective Icons Not Syncing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just noticed this morning that my custom perspective icons seem to be not syncing to my iPhone anymore. I'm not sure whether this happened with the latest update, or with my update to iOS 4. But all of my perspectives with my own custom icons have changed to default icons on the iPhone. You'll notice in my screen shot the "Today", "Someday" and "Waiting" perspectives have defaulted.

Obviously this isn't a huge deal as it doesn't change the functionality. It's just a nice to have and I was curious, is anyone else have similar issues?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.PNG
Views:	1197
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	1483  

I have some, but not all of them. It seems like my most recently created perspectives have icons, but ones that were synced to the phone earlier do not. Reseting the phone database and re-syncing didn't fix the problem. Looks like a bug to me.

Curt

Ha, didn't even think about re-picking the icons in the desktop version. I just tried that and did a sync, and now everything is back to normal. Thanks!

I can't seem to get my custom perspectives to sync to my iphone. any tricks to this?

First thing to check is that they are context-mode perspectives, as project-mode perspectives aren't yet supported and are silently ignored.

That's a drag. what a pain to have to keep navigating to the three projects I use frequently. I'd like to see them all at once. I don't use contexts. Any idea when we can expect project-mode perspectives?

No idea. Ken told me about an idea he had for how to do them on the iPhone in the pre-iPad days, but it is on the back burner now, I suppose. Send in the feedback saying that you need it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rllewis@mac.com View Post
That's a drag. what a pain to have to keep navigating to the three projects I use frequently. I'd like to see them all at once. I don't use contexts.
Most context-mode perspectives don't actually have anything to do with contexts. They just don't display tasks based on their hierarchical relationships.

They can, however, group tasks based on their project. So if you'd like to see those three projects at once, you can focus on them, switch to "context" mode, group by project (or by something else if you prefer, such as due date), then save that as a perspective.

Quote:
Any idea when we can expect project-mode perspectives?
I'm not sure yet: right now our top OmniFocus priority is to update the iPad and iPhone apps for iOS 4.2.