The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Links not in a new inactive tab (5.5.2 beta1) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Cmd-click or Shift-Cmd-click on a link opens the link in a new tab and selects it. I cannot open a link in a background tab as in v5.5.1 any more. I tested several options in the Tab&Windows Prefs.

Now it works again. I had to relaunch OmniWeb 2 or 3 times and now it's OK :confused:

:)

The problem is site-dependent. Don't know if it's casual that I noticed it after installing OW 5.5.2b1.

The implementation of single window mode in 5.5.2 beta 1 is broken, because it doesn't always honor modifier keys when clicking on links.

Example page: http://www.perlentaucher.de/feuilletons/2006-12-06.html
All links in the main part of the page use "target=_blank" to open in a new window. Omniweb tab preferences are as follows: "Links to other sites open in the current window"; "Command-click to open links in a background tab".

Expected behavior: when command-clicking a link, it is opened in a new background tab (was so in OW up to 5.5.1, like the behavior of Safari or Camino)
Actual behavior: command-clicking a link replaces the current page.

If "Links to other sites" is set to "Work as specified in the web page", links with "target=_blank" are always opened in a new window, even when command-clicking or shift-command-clicking.

Modifier keys should be given priority over general preferences.

Update: fixed in beta 2. Thank you, OmniWeb team!

Last edited by calidius; 2006-12-07 at 11:49 AM..

The only bug I am experiencing is that command-clicking is leading to the links opening in a new foreground tab instead of a background one. I am not experiencing them opening in the current tab and replacing the content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT
The only bug I am experiencing is that command-clicking is leading to the links opening in a new foreground tab instead of a background one. I am not experiencing them opening in the current tab and replacing the content.
Do you have "Allow scripts to reorder windows" enabled in the security prefs?

Yup, but this is fixed for me with beta 2.

Yes, no more problems of these with beta 2 :-)