The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Moderation Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OmniFocus Users,

As you may have noticed these forums get a lot of usage, and provide a great resource for the community. Most of the content is contributed by users, and greatly adds to the overall value of OmniFocus.

In order to make the great posts that you all have made easier to find, we're going to try and merge new threads that already have existing topics. Our goal is to try and consolidate all of the information about a particular topic into one place.

Any of the threads that we do merge to will be linked from the OmniFocus Forum FAQ, and have the appropriate keywords added to help new users find it next time.

If you are a new user, there is a very good chance that your question has already been asked, and answered. A quick search in the FAQ ( OmniFocus Forum FAQ) may provide the answer you're looking for instantly, rather than waiting for the unpredictable turnaround time on the forum.

If you can't find what you're looking for, please, make a new post, and hopefully someone will help you out (Omni can't commit to answering every forum post, see Please submit bug reports and feature requests via email! for more information on our feedback policy. And, please, don't be alarmed if your post is merged with a pre-existing thread, that just means that the answer is there, and we want to keep things tidy so new folks can find it next time.

Thanks for your time and contributions in making these forums a great place for information on OmniFocus, and how to use it to make your lives more productive!

xmas, if we know that a question has been answered before, do you still want us to point the poster to the answer? Or should we wait for the moderators to merge threads? The former means faster responses, the latter means less redundancy in the merged threads.

Thanks for any guidance.

Curt

If you can point the user at the proper thread that would be fantastic. More redundancy and restating using different words should only help searches to return more accurate results, and we can always trim the redirect post later on.

Also, Threads that are referenced in the FAQ are going to be getting "5-stars" (Currently only settable by Omni Employees). If there is a thread that you (that is to say, anyone at all reading these forums) found helpful, reply to this post and let us know what it was, and we'll make sure that it can be easily found next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmas View Post
Also, Threads that are referenced in the FAQ are going to be getting "5-stars" (Currently only settable by Omni Employees). If there is a thread that you (that is to say, anyone at all reading these forums) found helpful, reply to this post and let us know what it was, and we'll make sure that it can be easily found next time.
I think the "How are we using the reviews?" thread
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=4641
is helpful - better at conveying some "best practices" than the "Review?" thread currently linked under the FAQ's "best practices" heading, in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
I think the "How are we using the reviews?" thread
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=4641
is helpful - better at conveying some "best practices" than the "Review?" thread currently linked under the FAQ's "best practices" heading, in my opinion.
added to the FAQ, and rated 5-star.

One extremely confusing thing to me as I learned the program were the obsolete threads that described features that had changed or been eliminated. This is especially bad when you try to search. It would be nice to have "annointed" threads that reflect the current version of the app, and perhaps to mark threads that are no longer useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty Crunch View Post
One extremely confusing thing to me as I learned the program were the obsolete threads that described features that had changed or been eliminated. This is especially bad when you try to search. It would be nice to have "annointed" threads that reflect the current version of the app, and perhaps to mark threads that are no longer useful.
This is a great idea, and does highlight a significant problem with these forums (and, from my observations, forums in general).

I'd also add thought that it's nice to be able to see how things were previously done in those older threads for people that are still using that version. Thus, we shouldn't get rid of those threads, but for all future threads I agree that the version of the SW should be mentioned.

As an additional suggestion, is there anyway we can setup posts so that you have to choose a version # of the SW? That would ensure all future users know which version the post is related to.