The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

sync preference/settings between to Macs Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a MacBook which is my main computer, and an iPhone which I sync through MobileMe. Now, I also have a PowerBook which is being synced every couple of days when I turn it on, via MobileMe.

My question will be. Is it possible to sync between the MacBook and PowerBook the preference/settings file of OmniFocus. I will like to sync the icons setup, view, etc.

I also use JungleDisk for file syncing between these macs, so if there is a preference file which I could sync among both, in order to have always everything identical with its last position/setup, it will be great.

Thanks,

Have a look at this thread, in particular Ken's contributions.

ok, got it. It seems as if it is not something safe enough to do

I am setting up syncing of various folders via ChronoSync - is there a reason not to sync the Omni Application Support folders such as Omni Group, OmniFocus, OmniGraffle, OmniOutliner 3 ... ? Thanks.

The OmniFocus database is stored in the Application Support folder for OmniFocus, so having some other application sync it is likely to eventually cause heartbreak. In general, if you have an application that does sync, it is safer to let it do its own syncing.