The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Things user wants to move to OmniFocus but struggles with single contexts. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Actually, you've already mentioned one more case where I could see wanting multiple tags, and that's where I actually have separate actions which could accomplish the same end: for example, I can either talk with Bob by meeting with him at the office or by calling him on the telephone.
I have another example that might be a better example of why I'd like to be able to set more than one context to an action.

EXAMPLE 1
---------------
Let's say I have an action "Buy OmniFocus" and it's context is @online.

I have access to the internet from home and at work. I COULD create an @online context independent of my @Work and @Home contexts, but the need for discrete versions of @online can also be made, thusly:

-- "Catch up with facebook friends" @work/online is a no-no.
-- "Read super secret work document" @home/online won't work because I don't have vpn

In the case of "Buy OmniFocus", it's appropriate and suitable to set it's context to either/both "@work/online" or "@home/online". If I could set it to both, I'd be reminded to buy it when I was both at home and at work.

EXAMPLE 2
---------------
"Buy milk"
@grocery store
@gas station
@walmart