The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Using 'Save As' instead of 'Duplicate' in OmniGraffle Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Ever since Apple issued a diktat that we were to suddenly desist from using Save As on our computers (this is their business ?), and that we should make high-minded efforts to persuade ourselves that we didn't need Save As and should, furthermore, immediately forget how simple and serviceable it had proved for decades, I have made efforts to conceal an inner groan whenever I found myself wasting time, yet again, with the sacerdotal inanities of that pious File > duplicate business.

In OmniGraffle, it doesn't even have a keybinding by default …

Brett Terpstra's Restore Save As everywhere article today thus comes like welcome rain …

( Haven't actually managed to make it work yet for Omni products :-)

Let me know if you do ...

I’m a bit puzzled: in Mountain Lion, Save As… is already built-in with the keyboard shortcut Command-Option-Shift-S. Is there something else that adding that same shortcut would do that I'm missing?

Thanks, Ken. Sounds as last like a good reason for moving 10.7 → 10.8 :-)

( and Brett Terpstra reports that you can get Save As in OO though Sys Prefs – presumably in 10.8 )

( So perhaps the Whig view of history is not entirely for the birds – even after setbacks, there can be progress … )