The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Update downloaded in iTunes but isn't on iPhone? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm not sure why anyone might have seen an update; I just checked the status of OmniFocus 1.0.1, and it's still in review.

I can verify that iTunes was showing an OmniFocus update this morning. It was still listed as 1.0, and installing it didn't change anything on the device. It doesn't show up there now, though.

Art

Same here. OF showed up in iTunes as being an upgrade. Nothing resulted, same as reported by the other posters.

Well, I saw it in iTunes this morning too. The version was labeled 1.0 however, so I didn't expect anything to be different. I think 4 other applications were labeled as having an update available, but only 1 of the actually had a new revision number. Something strange is afoot on the iTunes Applications updates.

I'm also seeing the update:

Still says 1.0. Very odd.

I got the update from iTunes, does not appear to show on iPhone as well. I deleted the app from the phone and and iTunes, then reinstalled, STILL no joy.

Very dismayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
I'm not sure why anyone might have seen an update; I just checked the status of OmniFocus 1.0.1, and it's still in review.
Whether it's the fault of Omnigroup or Apple, I just lost another hour of my life on Omnifocus for iPhone. No change. And I don't even see how to check the iPhone copy of OFI.

The file IS different btw -- old is 1,129,997 bytes vs. new is 1,130,007

Last edited by swhobbit; 2008-07-19 at 09:05 AM..

No updates for me, in fact none of the apps I installed have been updated yet.

iTunes and/or the iTunes Store seem to have some sort of a bug WRT listing updated applications. iTunes is telling me that I have two updates available, but if I click on the link at the bottom of the window to go to the updates, it actually shows me 14 apps that have updates - none of which in fact have updates.

Maybe iTunes is seeing that the app _description_ page has changed (app developers can tweak the details on that page and the change seems to go through quickly, so these text changes are typically getting quick review - if any), or it's keying off of some intended-to-be-private value that indicates that an app has had an update _submitted_, or something, dunno.

In any case, it does show the app version number, which for OmniFocus is still 1.0. It should change to 1.0.1 when the update has actually been approved.

-andrew

My most expensive application and the one I use most often did not sync over after the update. :(