The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

What is first item in Prefs:Data? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
"Default List for Single Actions: Create when next needed"

The explanation of what this is is clear enough - but I don't see any location for items in my inbox that have a context but no project.

I often have single action items that don't need a project - where do they go?

-P

They go into this default list, which will be created for you the next time you have an item in your inbox without a project, with a context, and you choose Clean Up.

You'll also need to have the Clean Up Should Process... option set to A Context for this to work.

It was the cleanup step that was throwing me off.

Seems there should be some option of "clean up when idle", or auto clean-up every x minutes?

-P

OF used to clean up immediately, which threw some people off. There had been discussion about such a time-based preference, which hasn't shown up yet, so I'm not sure if that fell off the table or is still being considered.