The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How can I move the "Expand Note" icon to the left? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi -

Love Omnifocus, I'm much more productive with it.

Can anyone tell me how can I move the "Expand Note" icon to the left so that it doesn't interfere with the Up-Down Scrollbar?

What I mean is that any time I've been scrolling up or down through my list of Action Items, it activates the scrollbar. And the scrollbar covers my "Expand Note" icons.

Then I can't click to "Expand Note." This happens probably 20+ times a day.

So does anyone know how to move the "Expand Note" icons away from the Up-Down Scrollbar?

Please let me know

Fix for some is to set the system wide preference to Show scroll bars: Always. Not the best answer but it helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott716 View Post
So does anyone know how to move the "Expand Note" icons away from the Up-Down Scrollbar?
The scroll bar in Mac OS X has been frustrating me in many of my applications as of late. The solution I employed within OmniFocus is to learn the "Edit Note" keyboard shortcut and rely solely on this to expand and collapse a task's notes field.

Select the task and from the menubar Edit > Edit Note (Command-')

This will expand the note for editing; click "ESC" to stop editing and have the note field remain expanded. Or click the keyboard shortcut (Command-') again to collapse the note.

Thanks for both excellent replies

I think I'm all set.