The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus a hopeless muddle? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
At this moment my answer is a resounding “yes”. Right now I’m thoroughly fed up with it and the constantly shifting orientation. I so want it to work for me and to be a successful product for OmniGroup, but right now OmniFocus is driving me crazy with frustration and I'm deeply regretting investing such a huge amount of my precious time in both filling it with my data and testing more than one hundred betas.

Aside from "constantly shifting orientation" and "driving me crazy with frustration", you haven't offered any insights as to your displeasure with what has been until recently an alpha product. What have you expected from OF during its alpha and beta stages? What frustrates you? Give details!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconino View Post
At this moment my answer is a resounding “yes”. Right now I’m thoroughly fed up with it and the constantly shifting orientation. I so want it to work for me and to be a successful product for OmniGroup, but right now OmniFocus is driving me crazy with frustration and I'm deeply regretting investing such a huge amount of my precious time in both filling it with my data and testing more than one hundred betas.
I'm sorry that you feel this way, but nobody forced you to try out alpha and beta versions. If you weren't going to tolerate shifting features and bugs in the alpha and beta versions, you should have waited till 1/8/2008 where the official 1.0 release will be.

A) I know perfectly well when the release will be

B) don't patronise me

C) if you had bothered to read my post you will have realised that I'm not talking about bugs.

Last edited by Ken Case; 2007-12-14 at 08:31 AM.. Reason: removed unnecessary language

I will try to ignore your previous post given the holiday spirit and not respond in kind.

However, please act civil if you could.

Could you tell us some specific changes which are bothering you?

I know the initial update to the inspectors frustrated you, but are you still frustrated with them after the latest changes that automatically select the appropriate inspector as you select different items? We're planning to update the repeat inspector to make its options clearer (which should help address some of the confusion we've seen around that inspector), is that a change that would also bother you?

At the moment, I'm not sure exactly what you're wanting us to do differently (other than to finish making changes to the interface, which is a goal that we're trying to reach as quickly as possible).

Just my 2¢, as a beta tester I think that overall, OmniFocus features and development is going great. Compared to its Kinkless predecessor, the team has made huge gains. OF is rapidly becoming a great product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrhee View Post
However, please act civil if you could.
<sarcasm>Hmm...someone whose avatar is a pair of Daleks might not be inclined to act civil.</sarcasm>

But maybe it's just a coincidence.

OF rocks ! at this point I wouldn't use anything else to manage my tasks and projects .. this app has fixed so many holes in my GTD workflow .. it's great : )

I have had some minor frustrations with OF... and I do mean minor.

Small things that I would like to see it interacting to the way I 'think' it 'should' act.

Putting aside those minor annoyances... The way the beta has rolled out should be put in textbooks.

I never once lost any data (that I am aware of)

And I have enjoyed being able to get in on the changes as they happen.

I'm hooked on OF. It is a beautifully designed & programmed application and worth every penny.

Thank you Omni!