The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Connecting OP to OF Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Omnibob, how did you go about doing this transfer? I've done some playing around with sketching out big projects in OmniPlan and trying to move the tasks to OmniFocus for execution, but doing so isn't easy.
It was a one-way trip for me. I'm running that project purely out of OP. A really different way of working. Wherever there are dependencies, it makes it easy to focus on what needs to be done first. When choosing between multiple tasks than can be done now, and where critical path isn't an issue, there is still the same human-thinking review process to decide. I also assign priorities and then filter by any priority over "0" and tasks that aren't 100% complete.

Bob

Hello.
I'm using a combination of the Omni's (OP, OF, & OG) to start and run multiple companies. Right now, our marketing company is just getting started with OF & I've org'd them with OG & set up a few process steps for them.
Now, I'm getting more advanced and am doing our entire restaurant buildout using OmniPlan, however, my personal "2 Do's" go in OminFocus so I can sync with iPhone & hopefully iPad soon.
SO, all I need is the ability to monitor the progress of a project that I have sorted and planned in OP, through OF. So, much like you can export an org for it, there should be a way to export a "group" under a project title. I find myself retyping everything I just put in OP in OF so that I can keep them in the project folders!

Ideally, it would work something like this: In my OF Project for the Restaurant, when I export from OP, I could get a group that says "Build Out". Expanding the group allows me to view the dependent tasks in order of necessary completion (taken from the OP project). Staff Resources become "People : Name" context. Cost & other variables can drop into the expanded notes if the user selects it.

Down the road, I'd love to see a fancy "sync" that checks OF for project status and "beams" it to OP that updates the % complete, cost, etc. THROUGH THE INTERWEBS so there is no wire or "nearness" necessary. Then when I complete something, my office will also know what tasks I am working on and the LIVE status of our projects.

It seems like OP is the perfect tool to layout the plan and OF is the perfect tool to update the Plan because it is MOBILE ... until you have OP for iPad! :) But even then, OF has an easier user interface for "checking off" next actions.

Thanks for the quality products! We love them and look forward to future advances!

I would like to register my vote for this as well. This could prove an excellent tool for groups

The integration between OP and OF is definitely needed. It would dramatically increase the value of both programs.

We need something which allows us to Delegate and Collaborate on a Team level. I have so many workarounds right now that work but I wish we had something much simpler. Even a Shared Projects tab with exposed Tasks on a per Teammate basis that OmniFocus syncs to would be nice.

I've been refining my vision around what I imagine this app to be. You can see the evolution of the concept here:http://www.novamind.com/connect/users/policarpo

Please cast my vote for this sort of integration.