The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Auto-update from sneakypeek to formal release? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just discovered I've been running the last 1.0.1 sneakpeek release for 10 days after the formal 1.0.1 release (time-stamped on March 4).

My manual Check for Update kicked off a self-update to 1.0.1.

I found this in the automatic Release Notes:
"Software Update will now only show you builds on the same track that you are running. So, if you want to see sneakypeek builds, you'll need to manually download one sneakypeek build main OmniFocus site."
It makes sense for the sneakypeek track to be a personal decision. But it seems jumping from sneakypeek to formal should be automatic. Did I simply miss the update notice on March 4?

No, sorry, that was us: we built the final OmniFocus 1.0.1 release on March 4, but we didn't post it until yesterday.

Further clarification: all OmniFocus builds will look for whatever tracks are recorded in your preferences & all final builds. When you run a beta build, it will add 'beta' to your track list. When you run a sneakypeek, it adds that track to your track list. So then whatever track the current build is on, you'll still get info about all the tracks you've previously used.

OmniFocus 1.0.1 is an exception to this. When you run that final build, it will intentionally forget that you've ever run a beta or sneakypeek. We did this because a lot of people who normally only want to run stable final builds, chose to run the sneakypeeks when they were the only version of OmniFocus available. So now if you want to keep running sneakypeeks, you need to re-opt in this one time. (And please make sure you're backing up your database!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard
So now if you want to keep running sneakypeeks, you need to re-opt in this one time. (And please make sure you're backing up your database!)
Will you tell us when it's time opt back in? or give us a way to opt-in right now?

I have Time Machine, and I'm ready.