The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Downloaded DMG file becomes a bzip2 file Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I clicked the "Download Disk Image" graphic on the SiteSucker home page. OmniWeb shows this download link:
http://www.sitesucker.us/archive/latest/SiteSucker.dmg
But the file that downloads is named <SiteSucker.dmg.bz2>. And double-clicking this bzip2 file creates a <SiteSucker.dmg.bz2.cpgz> file instead of extracting the disk image. Removing the .bz2 suffix from the downloaded file turns it into a mountable disk image.

Where is the .bz2 suffix coming from?

Does the bzip2 double-click behavior make sense?

I vaguely recall seeing this behavior in times past, but I didn't take the time to figure what was happening.

[submitted as formal feedback]

Last edited by Ward; 2008-11-03 at 07:13 AM.. Reason: fix typo

The same thing happens in Safari too, but not Firefox, so it seems to be an issue with WebKit based browsers.

The dng file was probably made with bz2 compression, and their server is not configured right. Some browsers work ok anyway. I just remove the .bz2 as you did.