The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Uh oh, need this a normal document / letter Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
So I'm addicted to OOL, thank you. But today was the first time I wanted to convert some information into another format, a letter to a client.

I tried export to text document but then the format is all un-editable. Even removing checklists first, the thing is all columned weird and has dashes on every line "-".

I need this made into a beautiful business letter, like now. Any help?

And I might add that ultimately I'll want to turn a lot of my OOL documents into books and so forth, so I really need to understand how one takes this content and puts it into common word processing formats.

As far as I can tell this is a huge weak point. See my previous post on undesired highlighting in RTF exports.

What kind of state is your file in? Do you have multiple columns? There are preferences for the plain text and RTF exports (OmniOutliner menu -> Preferences -> Text or RTF Export tab). You can clear out the bullet and checkboxes sections so they don't appear.

Alternatively, you can hide all this stuff in the document and it will export that way as well. The option to hide the checkboxes is under the Document: Advanced inspector. The handles (bullets and triangles) can be hidden through the Row: Advanced inspector, "Show handles: never".

If you've added extra columns, then you will have trouble going to another app as it's not exported to say a table.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.