The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sync actions with a start date to iCal? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'd like to experiment with a new way of working with OmniFocus:

If I assign a start date & time to an action, create an iCal reminder.

Is there a straightforward way to achieve this selective syncing?

This my first venture into iCal syncing. As far as I can tell, I'd need a context that included only actions with a start date, and I don't see a way to do that.

-- Ward

I wrote a script that did that - create iCal events from the selected OmniFocus actions - and posted it to the forums a couple years back. if it doesn't do what you're after, it should pretty easy to modify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I wrote a script that did that - create iCal events from the selected OmniFocus actions - and posted it to the forums a couple years back. if it doesn't do what you're after, it should pretty easy to modify.
Thanks Brian,

in the linked post you quote another script... would you please be so kind to address me to that one?

thanks

amelchi

I'm hoping the OmniFocus 2 will have tags. Then I can tag selected projects and/or tasks with the "Sync" tag and have that sync over to iCal.

(crossing my fingers).