The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

web-based input Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Here's where I'm at. I'm at work, in front of a computer with an internet connection. I would like to add something I just thought of to my OF inbox. I'd like to be able to either a) go onto Omni's syncing site and enter it there to have it dropped into my database -- or b) at least be able to fire off an email to some OmniFocus address that will route it into my database.

Now, I know, I can do option b by having my Mac at home running Mail with a filter and letting it process my stuff, but that means leaving my computer running all the time for essentially just that one task. Or just having that message sit there irritating me with its unread-ness until I next fire up my computer. I know it's not the end of the world, but still, it seems like there would be an elegant way to do this.

Avandelay, we're planning to add a 'send email to the server' option. We don't yet know when it'll be ready - we're not even testing it internally yet - but it's on the way.

In the meantime, our Send-to-OmniFocus email processor is available if that helps...

It's disappointing that you aren't testing a solution internally. Nearly all other solutions have web and/or email based task insertion. Now that you have OmniSync, it should be particularly easier to implement. I'd be happy to have one of my developers help you.

You'll be happy to know that internal testing is now underway. :-)

Since one of the engineers filed a "email to inbox writes bad root transaction to the server database" bug against it yesterday, there's clearly still work to be done. It is in progress, though. Stay tuned...

Thanks for the update! Can't wait for this feature!!!! Been waiting over a year+ for this!