The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Searching for OmniOutliner documents in Spotlight Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

How can I search for all OmniOutliner documents in Spotlight? Ditto for OmniGraffle. More generally, how can I ascertain the attributes of a specific document so that I can search for other documents that share some of its attributes? I seem to remember in Sherlock that you could drag a file on top of Sherlock, and the attributes such as creator and created would be filled in for you. Then you could use that info to construct your own searches.

Thnaks for any help.

.oo3 if you have OmniOutliner 3 (is it .ooutliner for earlier? I forget) and .graffle for OmniGraffle will find all files in Spotlight.

You can add comments to the Spotlight field of any file (which can be automated using an Automator action) to allow you to specify unique metadata for searching.

There are probably easier ways to do all this, but I haven't learnt them yet.