The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ability to specify recurring tasks on just weekdays Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Great. I've been waiting over a year for this.

Can someone please explain to me how to get this to work? Thanks. The manual on was no help at all.

And when I do seem to get it set up right (I won't truly know until 7 days from now), why is it yellow?

Orange, not yellow, I expect, unless you've changed your style preferences. That's just the due soon styling of an action with a due date less than your due soon interval in the future.

If you want "Buy limes at the Korean market" to repeat every week on Tuesday and Friday, you set the repeat to Repeat every 1 week, and click on the Tuesday and Friday blocks in the row beneath. You may want to put a start date on the first action so that it (and the subsequent repeats) don't appear as available actions prior to when you want to work on them. The same difference between start and due will be applied to subsequent repeats.

This feature just gives you the effect of having separate parallel repeating actions for each selected day of the week without the clutter (or visibility). When you check off the task for Tuesday, instead of just replicating the task for next Tuesday, the code looks at the list of days and makes one for the next such day in the current week, if there is one, otherwise for the first one in the next week. Friday's in the list, so one gets made for Friday. Check that off, and it makes one for Tuesday.

There's one more feature needed for this to make it perfect.

Let's say I have a Daily Review project to repeat M-F for work related stuff. If I miss the Monday review and don't get to it until Wednesday, when I finally run through it and tick it off I get another entry for Tuesday. I'd rather is scheduled for the next available current or future date.

I really want it to skip passed days when catching up.

We've got a feature request open on that sort of skipping, dhm; I'll attach you to the request in our development database so the rest of the team will know you'd like to see it added. Thanks!