The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Automatic headers scaling doesn't work on some projects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello, Omni!

For at least one of our projects, the automatic scaling of the headers doesn't seem to work properly. In the first of the attached screenshots, you can see the scaling correctly showing quartals for the project; the second screenshot shows the same project zoomed in to a level where the automatic scaling switches to a monthly-granuity; the third and fourth screenshots show progresively higher levels of zoom that the automatic scaling fails to register. Manually setting the headers to display hours or days still works, but it's clearly not ideal.

Is there some setting I might have changed by accident that would cause the scaling to cut off at monthly granuity or is this a bug in the application?

Thanks,
Adam

PS. I noticed that image attachments get scaled down and converted to a lossy JPEG by the forum software. Also, there's 100kb limit on the size of a ZIP archive, so I'm uploading the original screengrabs to this address: http://195.70.150.81/adam/Archive.zip
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	809   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 2.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	810   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 3.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	811   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 4.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	812  

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam.sindelar View Post
PS. I noticed that image attachments get scaled down and converted to a lossy JPEG by the forum software. Also, there's 100kb limit on the size of a ZIP archive, so I'm uploading the original screengrabs to this address: http://195.70.150.81/adam/Archive.zip
I find http://imageshack.us quite handy for posting illustrations in forum posts. No need to manage anything or have your own web server, and the illustration sticks around for future readers.

How are you doing the zooming? Any chance you can post a scrambled copy of your document? You can get one, safely scrubbed of all intelligible data, by using the Help->Send Feedback command (and then grab the attachment from the mail message it creates).

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
How are you doing the zooming? Any chance you can post a scrambled copy of your document? You can get one, safely scrubbed of all intelligible data, by using the Help->Send Feedback command (and then grab the attachment from the mail message it creates).
Oh, that's a neat feature! Ok, here's the garbled version of the document; I'm zooming by clicking and draging the white headers in the area left of the magnifying glass icon with the little plus sign in it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip adam-08-12-10.omniplan.zip (20.1 KB, 474 views)

Hey, that is a really odd bug. I am seeing the same behavior here. I tried copy/pasting all the tasks into a new project and the problem went away, so you might try that as a workaround while we fix the real problem.

I had the same result as Lizard, just hadn't gotten a chance to post my response. I want to thank you for asking it, however, as I had never noticed that other way of scaling, and it's a lot more convenient than what I was doing (selecting a bunch of stuff and doing scale to fit selection)!