The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View and Sort Task List across selection of multiple Projects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is it possible to generate a list of tasks that are assigned to multiple Projects, and be able to sort and filter on the tasks, rather than the Projects?

I have read that the task filtering/sorting function is only available to lists in the "Context" view.

However, is it not also a valuable function to view a sortable task list based on a selection of Projects? For example, I may be assigned to work on Project A and D. I would like to create a Perspective that displays the tasks associated with those two Projects, with the tasks sorted by Due Date.

Go to Project mode. Select the desired projects in the sidebar. Click the Focus button in the toolbar, or right-click and select Focus, or View->Focus on <project names>. Now switch to Context mode, set up your viewing parameters as desired (including columns you want displayed), and save as a perspective, making sure that the Restore Focus box is ticked.

Brilliant! Thank you, whpalmer4