The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Access a different OF file Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
My husband and I each have a copy of Omnifocus. (2 computers, 2 separate licenses, 2 separate date files)

Sometimes we are talking and planning on my computer, for example, and would like to access his data file. We do have a network in our home.

It would be ideal if I could "point to" his file from my computer. If that is not possible, is this the only other way to do it?

1) copy my data file to a different location
2) copy his file to my computer and store in my "regular location"
3) do our work and make changes to OF as we see fit
4) copy his data file back to his computer
5) replace my data file back to its regular location

Is there an easier way?
Leila

Can’t you just double-click it to open it?

I think the easier way would be to have a second user account on each computer though, and when you want to open his file, just use fast user switching to open omnifocus under his account, which keeps that network file as its last-opened file.