The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iPod lost all my OmniFocus data Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I've been using OmniFocus for about five days. I'd put in all my lists, both home and work stuff. Imagine my surprise yesterday when I went to add something else to my list and the whole lot was gone. In its place was the default set of data from the initial installation. Looking through my other apps this isn't limited to OmniFocus, the Zenbe lists data was also gone, though at least there I could sync it back from the web.

The trust is now gone in this app for me, all I did between uses of OmniFocus was listen to some music, I didn't install anything, connect to the internet or anything else. I deleted the app and reinstalled it hoping to bring the data back but nothing, just the startup screen.

The whole point of this type of software is that you don't have to worry about trying to keep everything in your head, not possible with the inability to back up--sorry but having to pay for mobile me isn't good enough. I was in the process of setting up my own webdav, I wish I'd worked on it sooner.

I don't know what happened or what I did to cause my data loss. If I put everything back in (if I can remember it all) there's no guarantee it won't happen again. The App store really should have a demo function because paying £12 for the 'privilege' of trialing OmniFocus is a rip off.:mad: