The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Processing Inbox Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
All,

Not sure if this is by design or not, may just be me coming from a different product, and used to the way it works there. Let's say I have a project set up in my Library as "Project 1" and I add some task to my inbox, then later I go back and process my inbox at the end of the day and assign that task to Project 1 via the inline editing. The task itself doesn't move from the inbox to the project. I have to actually drag it over to the project to get it out of there. Is this the expected behavior? If so, can someone explain to me why that would be if I'm specifying the project inline?

Thanks!

This is all to do with the "clean up" function of OF. Having assigned your project and context, you have to either click clean up on the toolbar, or hit cmd-k on the keyboard to get it to leave the inbox.

Some people like it, I don't! I think the thinking is that you may still have other editing you want to do before it's removed from inbox.

You can control what data is required before an item will be removed from inbox when you do clean up, in the data section of preferences.

That section does need to be re-worded BTW, as it currently suggests items WILL be cleaned up when the required data has been entered, while in fact all that happens is that it becomes ready to be cleaned up.

Apparently clean up does happen automatically periodically, but I've never seen it happen when I need it.

Mark

Cool. Thanks for the info. I'm not a big fan of that one but that's just due to the nature of the tasks that I work with. But it definitely makes sense as to why it is that way.