The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Please make a way to tell the difference between projects and task Forecast view! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Easy fix for that — don't! If there's a number there, there's work to be done, just do it. The only time you need to audit the badge count is if it still says there is work to be done, and you can't find it.
Yep for sure during a work flow. However, my review flow is different than my work flow, and I am just being principled about it for the sake of the review process.

Alternatively, one might ask for a preference setting to just show a colored dot as a badge without containing a count of "actionable items". It could even be a "perspective dependent" setting. That is one change I could swallow right away, because, as you suggest, I hardly pay attention to the exact number in the count box during a work flow process (especially since I know it is ambiguous anyway). I sometimes do want to process with repect to that number during my review processes though.

Quote:
.. but it seems like a more complete solution would be to either not show project/action group headers at all in task lists (already an option in context mode, and perhaps forecast view ought to respect the setting as well) or remove the ability to check them off without first completing the actions.
Yep. I agree here. Forecast mode is where the trouble is. I would imagine holy terror will arise should OG remove the existing "auto-complete" feature on Action Groups. That leaves modifying the how Action Groups (auto-complete or otherwise) are handled/displayed in Forecast mode as a more viable choice.

Quote:
Your original text was "checking a Project completed checks all its actions" ....
Oh! I meant checking a GROUP completed / uncompleted. I missed that note even after you pointed it out directly. My apologies. I'll go bang my head against a brick wall a few times to make amends ... :\

In this regard, as Brian has noted already, the UNDO option gets me back on the Mac (and I did not even think about it ... duh!!!)

Quote:
The iPad app handles the issue of differentiating actions and projects/action groups by styling the projects and action groups differently ...
An equivalent distinction would be very helpful to have on the iPod version for sure.

Thanks!

--
JJW