The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New OmniFocus 2 for iOS7 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
cpac: We're getting back to work on OmniFocus for Mac, and we'll tackle OmniFocus for iPad after that.

@JKT: I guess OF 2 for iPhone isn't worth the $20.00 for you. You're not forced to buy it. Keep OF1 for iPhone if you still need it.

I think the new business model will turn into something like the movie industry. If you watched the first Harry Potter at the theater for $10.00, you're not gonna get a discount coupon for Harry Potter 2 or the remaining sequels. We pay full price for the remaining movies. It's the same with the book series. We'll pay full price for every book.

The software industry is getting turned upside down. We're facing a new world now.

I jumped to the last page, so apologies for whatever I missed.

I have a Macbook Pro. I have an iPhone. I have an iPad.

While I'm not averse to supporting Omnigroup for the incredible value I get from their products, how much is it going to set me back to stay current on all three?

What would be the most compelling reason to upgrade?

OF 2 looks awesome. I will buy it as soon as I'm able to upgrade to iOS7. I think the lack of dedicated home button will drive me insane though.

I hit the home button constantly in the old version. Having to tap and hold will had far too many seconds to my work flow. :/

Save+ button is a great idea though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vramin View Post
I jumped to the last page, so apologies for whatever I missed.

I have a Macbook Pro. I have an iPhone. I have an iPad.

While I'm not averse to supporting Omnigroup for the incredible value I get from their products, how much is it going to set me back to stay current on all three?

What would be the most compelling reason to upgrade?

If OF2 for iPhone is $19.99 and I would suspect that OF2 for iPad would be $39.99.

The OmniFocus 2 for Mac upgrade pricing is here:

http://www.omnigroup.com/support/omn...pgrade-pricing

At least, you'll get a break on the Mac version if you bought it directly from Omni's store.

Huge waste of space in omnifocus 2 allows only about half the tasks to be visible on screen vs. omnifocus 1.x.

Pretty disappointed with new version so far.

well, i guess there's a fine balance between trying to cram as much info as possible into a 4" screen and using white space to provide clarity to distinguish sections.

Hopefully you kept your OF1 downloaded on your computer.

Hi Everyone.
While I like the new app in general, I am having a few small problems that I am curious if others are also having.

1. When editing a note, within an action within a project, I am finding it almost impossible to get the curser to go to where I want it to. Imagine you have a listing like below:

John -
Steve -
Caroline -
Bill -
Chris -

If (after the fact) I want to add information after each hyphen, it is almost impossible (not entirely) but very difficult to the get the curser to go to the end of each line.

I've been using the OF 1 on my iPhone for years, and had no problem until the current release. I pulled up the older OF to compare, and have zero problems with the curser.

2. The app no longer seems to sync on opening, and now needs you to hit the sync button to get it to update. I use the omni sync server. Any way around this ?

thanks
J

I know it is only a difference of $10 but it still incredibly knocks my nerves that omni refused to offer a 50% discount in the first week or so.

They even had a comment on twitter that they considered it but this type of discount rewarded the wrong type of customer. Really felt offended by that. Really, the people who follow you and will buy week 1 are the wrong type of customers to reward?

Definitely considering other gtd systems at this point. Is OmniFocus the best? Maybe. Will they care that they have momentarily lost me as a customer?Almost certainly not. Will I have to tuck it between my legs and come crawling back in a few weeks? Probably.

All that being said I just hate the way they handled the situation and communicated it to loyal customers. It almost seems luge trey are trying to draw a line in the sand with apple about upgrade pricing not caring who is left in the cross fire.

End rant.