The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Magnets--how to make default? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there some way to change my OmniGraffle defaults so that whenever I create an object, it automatically has 8 magnets?

Seems like whenever I want to start making lines with snappable/glueable ends in a canvas, I have to select all objects, go to the Inspector, Properties, Connections, and turn on 8 Magnets. I want this to be the default for everything I do in OmniGraffle.

Thanks for any info.

If you inspect the Shape Tool (Option-click the tool or select "Inspect Style" from its drop-down menu) and then add magnets using the Connections Inspector, then by default the shape created with that tool should have those magnets onboard.

Hope that helps,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
If you inspect the Shape Tool (Option-click the tool or select "Inspect Style" from its drop-down menu) and then add magnets using the Connections Inspector, then by default the shape created with that tool should have those magnets onboard.

Hope that helps,
This is great! Thanks so much. I had no idea that the default(s) for an object could be changed, where they were, or that the icon would light up blue during the operation. All valuable stuff.

It's curious, though, that during this operation not all the relevant Inspectors for an object automatically expand. For example, in this case the relevant setting--to wit, Properties: Connections, which is where the Shapes, Groups, and Tables: Magnets inspector resides--does not automatically expand. You have to go find it and expand it manually.