The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The order of Projects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
My apologies if this has been answered already, but I've had a good look around and can't see it.

I have Omnifocus on my iMac, MacBook Pro, iPad and iPhone. What I have noticed is that the order of my projects in the Project view on the iMac and MacBook Pro keeps changing. I have the list unsorted but I drag and drop the order into something that makes sense to me when I'm working. However, when I open up Omnifocus on the other machine, this order has been changed in what looks like a random order. I've checked that both machines have the preference set to unsorted, but projects just move around within the list.

Can anyone suggest what is happening? I assume there is a setting I can't see that is causing this. I've looked at the order and it isn't alphabetical or anything else I can see - due dates, etc.

Thanks,

Jack.

You know, I saw something like this when I upgraded to 1.9.3. I had never seen it before, but after upgrading to 1.9.3 it happened to me on both of my machines. Given I have my projects alphabetically sorted I just re-sorted each of them, and I don't know that I've seen it since, but it _did_ happen to me as well.

I remember one customer reporting something like this, but I was never able to get the problem to reproduce despite trying on multiple Macs. If it is something you're seeing happen regularly, please email omnifocus@omnigroup.com; we'd love to take another crack at figuring out what causes this.

I have emailed in the symptoms. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Jack.

I also like to arrange projects manually in the sidebar and I have the same problem as you. The only solution I have found is to set up everything exactly as you want it and save it as a perspective, which you can set up to open automatically on all your devices (I think).

Ken, if you have this problem in a reproducible fashion (as it sounds like you do), you should definitely contact the Omni support group so they can have a look and maybe get to the bottom of this.