The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

A suggestion on saved passwords Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
One thing I always hated about safari is how the password save sheet would appear before I was logged in. If I am not sure I got the right password, guess what? I might not want to save that password. Sometime I might not even be sure the login name is correct. So I end up not saving the password, logging out, and then logging back in. Why not have the password save on the successfully logged in page?

How would it know your login was successful?

I am not saying Omniweb should know, I am merely saying that it should wait for the next page to load and then offer the drop-down to save a password.

Normal behaviour: I type in my login and password, then the dialog drops down offering to save my password. I don't know if I have successfully logged in or not.

Suggested behaviour: I type in my login and password. The next page loads stating that no such user or password exists. The sheet drops down and I say, don't save that password.

OR

I type in my login and password. The next page successfully loads showing me logged in. Then Omniweb drops down the save password dialog.

Basically this prevents the cluttering of the keychain with incorrect logins.

I see. I like that idea.