The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

html export using AppleScript? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'd like to do automated html export using AppleScript. Basically my goal is to periodically (daily?) publish updates of project plans for public consumption, but I can't find a way to script the "Export".

I found this example for OmniOutliner (not OmniPlan), but it doesn't work for me and I have no idea what variations I might try:
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=2774

Anyone know if this is possibe? And if so, how?

thanks
Kaan

It should work something like this:

Code:
tell application "OmniPlan"
	tell front document
		save in "Volumes:Extra:myReport.htmld" as "HTML Full Report" with properties {export template:"Users:lizard:Library:Application Support:OmniPlan:HTMLTemplates:Custom Project Report"}
	end tell
end tell
However, that's giving me an error right now. I've filed a bug, and hopefully we can get an engineer to look at it soon. (But feel free to try something like this anyways and let me know if it does somehow work for you.)

Awesome, your suggestion worked great. Here's something I just used for a template I named "Standard", it's really close to yours. I haven't tried using this script against a custom template yet.

tell application "OmniPlan"
tell front document
set reportName to "Users:kaan:Desktop:" & (get name) & ".htmld"
save in reportName as "HTML Full Report" with properties {export template:"Users:kaan:Library:Application Support:OmniPlan:HTMLTemplates:Standard"}
end tell
end tell

Thanks!
Kaan

kaan: what version of OmniPlan are you using? I think we must have re-broken this in our internal builds recently!