The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniOutliner 4 and iPad (Updated 7/23/10) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Derek - When will OmniOutliner 4 be available? If I purchase OO3 now, will I have to purchase a full version of OO4? Or pay for just an upgrade?

Thanks very much.

R.J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLynch View Post
When will OmniOutliner 4 be available? If I purchase OO3 now, will I have to purchase a full version of OO4? Or pay for just an upgrade?
There will certainly be upgrade pricing. We'll release more information when the time comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Adams View Post
In OmniOutliner 4 I would like to have multiple outlines available in one file via tabs in the way that Microsoft Excel can have multiple spreadsheets in one file.
Well ... OO 3 already has this ...

(the 'sections' display in the utility draw ...)

Derek, thrilled to hear OO 4 for desktop and laptop machines are coming been waiting for years. Can I beta test, I was beta for OO 2 and 3. Really hope OO 4 will have feature that check mark removes from view.

Do you have eta for launch?

Please let me know
John@svirsky.co

It's been three weeks since it was last asked: when is OO4 coming out? And when for the iPad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesafoster View Post
It's been three weeks since it was last asked: when is OO4 coming out? And when for the iPad?
Silence speaks volumes around this place. I'm guessing that OO4 is a low priority dollar wise due to the popularity of OF, OGS, and OG.

This blog post represents the most up to date info we have.

Software takes time. How much time can be hard to predict. Posting guesses takes time away from the projects we're working on, and has a downside if we guess wrong.

I promise you we're working hard to get everything out the door as quickly as we can without compromising quality and that we'll say more when we know more. And please don't assume that the order things ship in indicates priority - when you have five products on two OSes and three hardware platforms, there are a lot of factors in play.

And remember, because the App Store doesn't do pre-orders, they can't collect your money until they have something to ship, and so they've got motivation to deliver :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Actually, not quite the case:

http://www.omnigroup.com/blog/entry/...ocus_for_ipad/

:)

Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post

Software takes time. How much time can be hard to predict. Posting guesses takes time away from the projects we're working on, and has a downside if we guess wrong.

I promise you we're working hard to get everything out the door as quickly as we can without compromising quality and that we'll say more when we know more. And please don't assume that the order things ship in indicates priority - when you have five products on two OSes and three hardware platforms, there are a lot of factors in play.
Thanks for responding. I don't expect a response to this but I just wanted to say that if you have a product that butters your bread, you obviously bring that product to the forefront and have it updated fairly often. This has not been the case for OmniOutliner.

I understand the multiple line of products on multiple operating systems. I appreciate you all bringing them to my iPad and iPhone as well. I should not assume, but to say that priorities such as best seller or most profitable are not involved when doing updates does not compute.

OF is a great example of this. I am sure it is a big seller and has a lot of people in that forum that are active. You are in business to make money and this makes the most sense but if Apple released the next big iDevice tomorrow as big or larger than the iPad and it required a rewrite for that OS because of UI and or other changes, OF would get done and OO would get pushed back. It is as simple as that.

That is the frustration us as OO users experience but we understand that is how business works. It can be frustrating at times from both ends. I would settle for a "September-ish" type expectation. On the flip side, a deadline or hard date is a looming weight you don't want to have over you. I just believe after nearly five years most in this forum are getting frustrated. Sorry to have aggravated.