The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Copying styles and sizes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I copy a style from one object to another, I expect that all of the characteristics of the source object will be brought across. For example, I have a diagram with five circles containing text. If I change the size and color of the text and reduce the radius of the circle, the only parameters that carry across using the "Copy Style" function are the ones affecting the text. The size of the target stays the same. Am I missing something, such as using the wrong function? BTW, the "Copy Style" operation I am accustomed to is the way the MS Office products handle their graphics.
Thanks

You can pick and choose which style characteristics are copied by clicking the disclosure triangle in the style brush toolbar icon:

Have you selected all styles are only a selection?

Edit: my mistake - I realise that you are only using the menu item which is purely for text as you have discovered. To copy object (and text) styles and apply them to other shapes you need to use the style brush. The first time you click something with it, you will pick up the selected styles that you picked, then when you click the next object you will apply them. To pick up styles from a different object as the source hold option as you click the object (note, the brush icon gains a couple of curled arrows on the bottom when it is picking up styles).

Last edited by JKT; 2008-02-08 at 02:18 PM..

Jonathan:
That didn't do it. I have all the elements checked and while color and other attributes are copied, the physical size of the object does not get changed.

I'm in Version 5 RC1 and the style brush isn't working for me. no matter what the style of the currently selected item is when I click on the style brush, it restyles the next clicked item to a diamond. I've tried quite a few different approaches, but it keeps doing the same thing.

Marc