The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Other WebDAV
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

cPanel (A2hosting etc.) & WebDAV (Web Disk) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I use A2hosting.com for web site hosting, and just found "Web Disk" in cPanel (where apps etc. are configured). Note: cPanel is available on some other hosting sites as well. Based on what I've read elsewhere, it appears that uses WebDAV. Anyone tried this out with OmniFocus yet? Just curious. I may have time to fiddle with it this weekend.

Bob

Last edited by omnibob; 2008-07-10 at 05:22 PM..

my host uses cpanel webdisk, and it is indeed webDAV.

I had problems getting the first sync to work, so I copied my database from ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus to the server before turning on Sync and things seem to be going okay since. The symptom I was seeing before was "in progress" files littered all over the directory.

That's promising, thanks.

cPanel "Web Disk" is indeed webDAV.

I just setup a user and I can connect via Finder (Go > Connect to server) or using Transmit webDAV option...

Unfortunately, when I try to synch with OF, it does ask me for a password, so the initial connection seems to work but when I enter account info, I get:

"Unable to authenticate with WebDAV Server. Please check that the user name and password you provided are correct."

I copy+pasted those so something else is going on... Gonna try and check Apache logs and report back if I figure it out. In the meantime, if anyone got it working, please let us know if you did anything special... Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yann View Post
I get:

"Unable to authenticate with WebDAV Server. Please check that the user name and password you provided are correct."

I copy+pasted those so something else is going on...
You can look in cPanel webdisk section to double-check what it should be.

I think it expects the entire "username@domain.com" as your username. Did you try that?

I got past that but can't get past the "in progress" file problems.

Good luck.

thanks for the reply - but yeah, I did - I can loggin WebDAV via Finder and Transmit... so that's not the problem... searching searching... :)

update: I'm now at my 3rd webdav server setup and I keep on getting the same error (while they all work fine via Finder and Transmit). I give up and will email omni support to try to get this fixed.

Last edited by yann; 2008-07-11 at 07:33 AM..

I'm trying to get ready for the iPhone OF software. I've setup a WebDav server and can access it as a webdisk.

I could never get OF 1.1 to do the initial sync, it would only create empty folders with a name containing "copy-in-progress".

I followed the suggestion of some others in this forum and copied ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/OmniFocus.ofocus to the WebDav share.

Attempts to sync after that don't complain, but aren't successful either. I end up with files which contain "write-in-progress" in the name. These are never renamed, leaving many "write-in-progress" files behind.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated. I've been waiting for iPhone OF for a LONG time and I need to get this working as quickly as I can.

Help!

Which WebDAV service are you using? BingoDisk and Mobile Me seem to be the most cooperative.

You might also look at this post for setting WebDAV up on your own computer if you only need to sync while on the same local network.
http://manas.tungare.name/blog/2008/...cus-to-iphone/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
Which WebDAV service are you using? BingoDisk and Mobile Me seem to be the most cooperative.

You might also look at this post for setting WebDAV up on your own computer if you only need to sync while on the same local network.
http://manas.tungare.name/blog/2008/...cus-to-iphone/
Hi Liz,

I've got WebDAV setup on my own domain, which is hosted at asmallorange.com (ASO). I already pay for this domain/hosting so I really want to get it working there. I've owned OF for a while but had fallen out of using it since it was such a pain trying to keep projects updated and tasks checked off when I was using my mandated WinXP system at work. Now that OF iPhone is here (woohoo!) I can see this drastically helping my productivity at work.

I already have shared iCal calendars published via WebDAV on this host, so I'm pretty confident I've got that end setup OK... well, at least as OK as I can using cPanel.

I have two systems connecting to this WebDAV, each can make changes and be told to "sync to server" causing a new "client-write-in-progress" file to get created. These never change into any sort of "final state" which tells me that for some reason OF is not able to properly transmit the temp file, then rename upon successfully completing the transfer.

Whether it's ASO disallowing some aspect of file manipulation or OF failing in some way, I don't know.

I have sent email to the ninjas ([OG #307083]) and am willing to try things, look at logs, and report what happened to help narrow the problem.

Another user (jlowen) and I have been discussing this issue in another thread. http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...?t=8493&page=2

Peace

merging threads to keep the conversations all in the same place.