The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iPad 2 - Need for speed Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Glad to see others are realizing that OmniFocus for iPad is a performance dud. The iPhone version kicks the iPad version's butt performance wise. I see zero issues with the same database on my little old iPhone 3GS.

OmniGroup must make it a priority to FIX the crappy performance problems once and for all. The shine is wearing off OmniFocus for iPad. It's a total drag to use.

ITGuy

Last edited by ITGuy; 2011-04-11 at 05:53 PM..

The omnifocus/iPad2 performance problem I find the most annoying is that it takes about 5 seconds to switch from a context or Inbox list to a project (or to create a new project). The delay seems to happen the first time I move to a project, with no delay after that - until after another extended time doing Context-type work. It's as if OF is bringing my whole database into main memory and doing some kind of processing on it, whenever I switch to this area of function after an extended period of time (or perhaps after making changes in Context lists).

This problem does not occur - ever - on my iPhone4.

I don't know what else I can do with this complaint - it seems as if this iPad performance issues haven't been a priority. I find that I avoid some good GTD habits in order to avoid things that cause this delay, so I'd love to see this improved.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

Sorry for the trouble! Can you email our support ninjas so we can investigate? That long of a delay isn't normal, especially on an iPad 2.