The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Repeating tasks with and end? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey there,
is it possible to say a task should repeat 5 month every month on 10th or every monday for 8 weeks?

Thank you!

No, at present there is no support for repeating tasks that stop.

Is it planed? Because it's bad that I've to create a second task which remind me to end/delete the first repeating task ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmsboy View Post
Is it planed? Because it's bad that I've to create a second task which remind me to end/delete the first repeating task ;)
That's rather silly. When you're done, just delete the task that you don't need to do any more and you're done. Why would you need to make a reminder to do that?

No, not a reminder :D Read what I wrote in the first post:

In Things it is possible to set a repeating task for such as 5 times - so this task will appears 5 times (such as monthly on 10th, every month in the next 5 month) - after this, this (repeating) task will end automatically.

I think this is more useful as to set a second task 5 month ahead to delete the repeating task before it appears in the 6th month ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmsboy View Post
No, not a reminder :D Read what I wrote in the first post:

In Things it is possible to set a repeating task for such as 5 times - so this task will appears 5 times (such as monthly on 10th, every month in the next 5 month) - after this, this (repeating) task will end automatically.

I think this is more useful as to set a second task 5 month ahead to delete the repeating task before it appears in the 6th month ;)
I agree lsmboy; I sort of remember reading something a long time ago on the forum regarding more options for repeating tasks, so I'm assuming there's a feature request already open for this. Don't forget to add your vote by sending your request through Help>Send Feedback in OmniFocus...